Click to download a printable pdf.
** IMPORTANT **
PRINT THESE DIRECTIONS AND BRING THEM WITH YOU
CELL PHONES ARE NOT RELIABLE ONCE YOU ENTER THE FOREST
FROM MENA, ARKANSAS
- Take Hwy 8 East
- Turn RIGHT onto Hwy 375 and travel approximately 16 ½ miles
- You will pass two trail heads for the Wolf Pen Gap ATV Trails
- You will pass a small beige, one gas-pump store
- Do not turn right on CR 81
- Shortly after passing the New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy 375 turns into CR 64 and you begin entering the forest
- When the road forks, follow CR 64 to the RIGHT towards Shady Lake for almost 3 miles
- You will pass Sugar Creek Vista and start down the other side of the mountain
- At the bottom of the mountain you will cross a brand new low water bridge
- Just around the corner you will travel across an old low water bridge that crosses a creek
- Follow the road curving to the right and look for a small stand of trees with orange paint and make a HARD RIGHT TURN ONTO CR 602 - this is a one lane road.
- Travel approximately ½ mile down CR 602 and turn LEFT into the first entrance you come to.
FROM HOT SPRINGS, ARKANSAS
- Take US-70 W
- Turn RIGHT onto AR-84 W towards Athens, AR
- At Athens, turn RIGHT onto AR-246 towards Vandervoort, AR
- Follow the signs taking the new cutoff to the RIGHT towards Shady Lake Recreation Area
- Pass the entrance to Shady Lake and continue approximately 6.5 miles
- Look for a small stand of trees with orange paint; turn LEFT onto CR 602 - this is a one lane road.
- Travel approximately ½ mile and turn LEFT into the first entrance you come to.
CABIN LOCATIONS ON THE PROPERTY
Savannah Cabin – 1st cabin
Old Glory Cabin – 2nd cabin
ATV Cabins Office – 3rd cabin
Whiskey Peak Cabin – at the top of the hill where the road ends (privately owned/not available for rent; please do not venture above the road that runs directly in front of the ATV Cabins office.)